Amy Out Loud
Trainer in Social Media &
I realize that newer agents to this business are getting bombarded with all the things they have to learn and then you add on all the software & apps they need, they may be overwhelmed….. So I want to give some ideas that are just basic essential for every new agent to the business to have on their Droid/Iphone/Ipad! Personally, I think every new agent has an advantage over agents like me that had to take time to re-train their brains away from paper and re-learn their workflow. The brand new agent has lots of new ideas for their way of doing business. I am fortunate that I can sell virtually and that I have clients that trust me.
Ideas to get you started on the road to becoming a paperless/virtual agent. To learn more about it in a step by step instruction then you can register for my Agent on the Go Series on how to get started to go paperless/go mobile & go virtual. You can see the list of the series, as well as register here.
1. Get your mobile tool box set up- This includes first off an Ipad
2. Download your Foundational Apps to your laptop/Ipad/Droid/Iphone- these include , , and either or .
3. Basic Real Estate Apps
- Mortgage Calculator – I prefer Ipmt but there are several out there.
- Your local MLS App – I use HAR.com since that is my main MLS provider. If your MLS provider does not have a mobile app, then I highly suggest you get really comfortable with app or app because that is where the mobile consumer is looking.
- Net sheet calculator for your sellers- There are a ton of title companies once out there that you can use. I think it is a matter of preference.
- Mileage Recording App – Tons out there like, but the one I prefer is
- Photo editing software like SnapSeed so you can take photos of your community and push out through Instagram/Twitter and Facebook.
4. Basic Business Apps
- You will need a scanner/fax on the go, so I use or lots of my friends use
- A must have is a business card scanner like so you can quickly get prospects contact information into your contact database and not in that little pile on your desk.
This is just a starting point, meant to not overwhelm. Attend one of my webinars to see hands on how I use it in my daily real estate business as a practicing co-Broker/Owner of .
Have an “Apptastic” career!!